Terms & Conditions
(Updated: August 2023)
The purpose of this document is to communicate the responsibilities and expectations between the Client (parent/legal guardian/student) and the Tutor. The following are agreed-upon responsibilities that we as partners will carry out to support our student’s success.
With the exception of the winter holiday season, March Break, and the summer months (July and August), the expectation for our program is at least 45 minutes of tutoring time each week for the student to create momentum and accountability with his/her tutor.
If a student needs to cancel a session, we require at least 24 hours’ notice. All credits received for cancelled monthly plan sessions must be used within 7 days of the cancelled session. Exceptions will be made for emergencies or extenuating circumstances, including:
- Sudden Injury or Illness
- Power Outage
- Severe Weather (for in-person tutoring)
- Internet Issues (for online tutoring)
It is the responsibility of the student and parent to let the tutor know, with reasonable notice, when there’s a need to reschedule a tutorial session. Lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours notice must be paid in full. If a student needs to reschedule a session, we require a 24 hours notice. In the unlikely situation where a tutor has an emergency and cannot attend a scheduled session, Math Doctor management will assign a substitute tutor for that session. Unfortunately, there are no exceptions to our cancellation and rescheduling policy as we must respect the time of our tutors.
At Math Doctor, we accept payments by e-transfers and credit card. Our weekly tutoring program requires prepayment. To avoid being late on payment, we encourage everyone to save their credit card on file. Square will automatically withdraw the invoiced amount on the day of the student’s first tutorial session of the month. By agreeing to this contract, you hereby consent to us charging the credit card on file in accordance with this provision. A $50 late fee will automatically apply if payment hasn’t been received by the 15th of each month.
In the event you wish to terminate the tutorial program, please give us at least a week’s notice. Any unused funds on your account will be transferred back in the form of a future credit or back to your original method of payment. If the latter option is chosen, a 10% administrative fee will apply to offset the cost charged by the payment processor.
For all payment inquiries, please direct all communications to the Math Doctor management only. Clients are prohibited by contract by entering into private agreements with tutors introduced by Math Doctor.
While we take great care in ensuring the student’s success, Math Doctor cannot make any promises or warranties with regards to the Student’s performance or grades as a result of any tutoring provided. With that said, we will work closely and patiently with the Student to set them up for success.
If you have any specific questions about our terms and conditions, please contact us by email at [email protected].
Math Doctor Loyalty Rewards Program
- Membership in the Program is available to any resident of Canada and United States, who is at least eighteen (18) years old and provides valid and accurate personal information when enrolling.
- Your 10-digit phone number will serve as your Reward Member ID to opt-in to the Math Doctor loyalty program. It is recommended you use your mobile phone number when signing up, as it will allow you to track your point balance. For existing clients, you will be automatically enrolled into our Loyalty Reward program upon your first purchase.
- Any applicable taxes and late fees are exempt and does not contribute to the collection of Reward Points.
- Reward Points have no monetary value and they will not expire if you make at least one purchase every 12 months. Points automatically expire after 12 months of inactivity.
- Reward Points are not transferrable and cannot be combined with another account for prize redemption.
- Math Doctor reserves the right to cancel or suspend your participation in the Program or any Rewards earned and not yet used in the event of fraud, abuse of rewards privileges, violation of these Program Terms and Conditions, or at our discretion.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no responsibility or liability is assumed by Math Doctor for technical problems or other issues arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Program and/or Site.
- Math Doctor reserves the right to unilaterally change the Terms and Conditions of the Program, including suspension or cancelling any parts of the Program in the following cases:
- When necessary following legislative changes,
- if the program is no longer profitable for Math Doctor, or
- if deemed unnecessarily burdensome – for technical or commercial reasons – for Math Doctor
- Under such circumstances, we will send you a written notice in advance if Math Doctor decides to suspend or cancel any parts of the Loyalty Reward Program.
- If you have any specific questions about our terms and conditions, please contact us by email at [email protected].