STANDARDIZED TEST PREP
How Does it Work?
Our program begins with a practice test. Your tutor will use this exam as a diagnostic assessment to better understand your strengths and weaknesses. Lessons focus on classic test preparation techniques, content review by key topics, and deconstructing each practice questions to guide decision making. As the program continues, we regularly monitor your progress, and if necessary, make adjustments to our plan. The overall goal is to ensure that each student feels confident and prepared on test day, and that you score at or above his/her potential. We have a strong track record of leading our students; some of which have gone on to some of the most prestigious business schools in Canada, USA, and abroad.
Do you tutor the verbal/reading comprehension of these tests too?
For the GMAT, at this moment, we only specialize in the Quantitative section.
How long does it take to prepare for my standardized test?
Under the guidance and leadership of our trained tutors, we recommend you devote 2 to 3 months of preparation for your standardized test. Most students choose to go with an hour a week of tutoring for 4 months or two hours per week for 2 months*.
Will the tutor be giving homework for the week?
Absolutely! You will be given relevant practice questions to work on. This will help you develop a greater familiarity with the concepts taught.
How much does it cost?
The GMAT preparation package includes a diagnostic assessment to assess strengths and weaknesses. Weekly homework will be assigned relevant to the most recent tutorial session. $85/hr.
*Note: This is an approximate number of hours of preparation required. Some students require more, while others require less hours to be sufficiently prepared.
General Timeline and Agenda
Week 1: Arithmetic Fundamentals
- Review arithmetic concepts (e.g., operations, properties, fractions).
- Solve problems to reinforce understanding.
Week 2: Algebra Basics
- Cover algebraic fundamentals (equations, inequalities, functions).
- Practice with sample problems.
Week 3: Geometry Essentials
- Focus on fundamental geometry concepts and common formulas.
- Begin practicing geometry problems.
Week 4: Advanced Geometry and Data Sufficiency
- Dive deeper into geometry.
- Focus on how to tackle data sufficiency problems.
Week 5: Word Problems and Ratios/Proportions
- Address word problems, including those involving ratios and proportions.
- Practice with sample questions.
Week 6: Advanced Algebra
- Explore more advanced algebra topics (e.g., quadratic equations, inequalities).
- Work on problem-solving techniques.
Week 7: Coordinate Geometry and Inequalities
- Introducing coordinate geometry.
- Focus on inequalities and absolute values.
Week 8: Advanced Topics: Sets and Number Properties
- Cover sets and number properties.
- Practice problems related to these topics.
Week 9: Statistics and Probability
- Cover statistics and probability concepts.
- Work on GMAT-style problems in these areas.
Week 10: Data Interpretation and Review
- Introduce data interpretation questions.
- Review key concepts and strategies for the quantitative section.
Week 11: Final Review and Practice Test
- Comprehensive review of all topics covered.
- Administer a full-length practice test to evaluate progress.
- Discuss test-taking strategies and time management.
"I was struggling to find strategies to take my upcoming GMAT exam, especially the data sufficiency portion. Working with Math Doctor past 3 months was the best decision I've ever made. I credit my tutor so much of what I learned in the program to tackle the GMAT questions with confidence. Highly recommended!"